BSURE_schedule_2017, updated May 24, 2017
Seminar on May 31, 2017: Research Careers and Graduate School
Seminar on June 5, 2017: Research Labs and Mentor Relationships
- Notes June 5 Seminar
- Assignment due June 28th
1. Determine whether or not your lab has a document of guidelines and expectations.2. If yes, bring it. If no, write one and bring it.If your lab has one but you think it could use edits, you can make your own version and discuss with your mentor or PI the possibility of it being adopted. If you need to write one on your own, I encourage you to tell your mentor about it and discuss expectations with him or her.The McKay Lab Guidelines are available so that you can use it as a template. In case you need extra guidelines for this assignment, here are some suggested sections:Responsibilities/ExpectationsSafetyEquipmentSterile TechniqueRecord KeepingSuppliesVisitorsThink about including some of the behavioral and intellectual components we discussed during our last seminar under each of these sections, and certainly feel free to add additional sections as you see fit.
Seminar on June 12, 2017: Q & A Panel of Graduate Students
Seminar on June 19, 2017: Bias in the Sciences
- Pre-reading 1) June19_diversity 2) June19_bias 3) June19_intersection
- Link to Phylo Women in Science and Engineering Deck
- Further reading on field safety survey, SAFE
- Further reading on Decolonizing Science
Seminar on July 17, 2017: IDP and Career Paths
- Please bring a laptop to today’s seminar or let us know and we will bring one for you.
- Link to IDP